D. Scott Sibley PhD, LMFT, CFLE
- Ph.D., Kansas State University, Human Ecology: Marriage and Family Therapy, 2015
- M.S., University of Nebraska-Lincoln, Child, Youth and Family Studies: Marriage and Family Therapy, 2012
- M.A., Southern Utah University, Professional Communication, 2010
- B.S., Brigham Young University, Psychology, 2008
- Commitment in couple relationships (decidetocommit.com)
- Romantic relationship formation
- Marriage and the prevention of relationship distress and divorce
- Decision making among the emerging adult (18-29 year olds) population
- Marriage and Family Therapy theories (e.g., Contextual, Bowen)
- Schmidt, A. E., & Sibley, D. S. (2018). Contextual therapy for family health: Clinical applications. New York, NY: Routledge.
Turns, B., Springer, P. R., & Sibley, D. S. (2018). Removing the “mystery” in therapy: Transparency as a continuous intervention in family psychotherapy. Journal of Family Psychotherapy.
Turns, B. & Sibley, D. S. (2018). Does maternal spanking lead to bullying behaviors at school? A longitudinal study. Journal of Child and Family Studies.
Sibley, D. S., Schmidt, A. E., & Kimmes, J. G. (2016). Applying a contextual therapy framework to treat panic disorder: A case study. Journal of Family Psychotherapy, 24(4), 299-317.
Vennum, A., Hardy, N., Sibley, D. S., & Fincham, F. D. (2015). Dedication and sliding in emerging adult cyclical and non-cyclical romantic relationships. Family Relations, 64, 3, 407-419.
Sibley, D. S., Springer, P. R., Vennum, A., & Hollist, C. S. (2015). An exploration of the construction of commitment leading to marriage. Marriage & Family Review, 51, 2, 183-203.
Sibley, D. S., Kimmes, J. G., & Schmidt, A. E. (2015). Generating new stories of commitment in couple relationships by utilizing the sliding versus deciding framework. Journal of Family Psychotherapy, 26(1), 68-73.
Schmidt, A. E., Green, M. S., Sibley, D. S., & Prouty, A. M. (2016). Effects of parental infidelity on adult children's relational ethics with their partners: A contextual perspective. Journal of Couple and Relationship Therapy, 15, 3, 193-212.