Physical Therapy Resources
The American Physical Therapy Association (APTA) is a national, professional organization representing the interests of more than 70,000 physical therapists, physical therapist assistants and students. This site is an excellent information source for practicing therapists and anyone interested in the profession. Get involved in APTA - find out about the Student Assembly.
Sections of the APTA provide specific special interest information and support to professionals and para-professionals in physical therapy:
Physical Therapy Program List
The APTA maintains a complete list of Accredited Educational Programs for the profession. On this list, you will find links to other physical therapy programs, giving access to resources at many sites throughout the nation.
- The Illinois Physical Therapy Association (IPTA) is the professional organization for physical therapists in Illinois.
- Physical therapists sometimes team with occupational therapists to deliver patient care programs. Go to the Easter Seal Society's site to learn about occupational therapy.
- Physical Therapy In Motion is the monthly magazine for the profession.
- The National Athletic Trainers' Association is of interest to sports physical therapists.
- The American Public Health Association provides information on important community and public health issues.