Mission and Outcomes
The mission of the College of Health and Human Sciences is to promote health and wellbeing through scholarship that integrates teaching, research and service.
The mission of the PhD in Health Sciences is to prepare students from a wide range of health related professions to function as inter-professional scholars and researchers within academic and practice settings.
Student Learning Outcomes
Graduates of the interdisciplinary PhD program in Health Sciences will be able to:
- apply in-depth multidisciplinary knowledge to a defined area in health and human sciences
- demonstrate professional integrity in the execution of the roles of educator and researcher
- design, conduct and analyze the results of original research
- disseminate new knowledge and, as appropriate, assess the application of that knowledge to professional practice
- demonstrate the interdisciplinary communication skills necessary to function effectively in today's academic and professional environment