- School of Allied Health and Communicative Disorders
- Rehabilitation Services and Rehabilitation Counseling
Resources for Students
- American Rehabilitation Counseling Association
Through legislation and education, ARCA works to enhance the development of people with disabilities by promoting quality rehabilitation counseling and eliminating social biases and environmental restrictions.
- National Rehabilitation Counseling Association
NRCA represents the concerns of practicing rehabilitation counselors in a variety of work settings.
- American Counseling Association
ACA represents rehabilitation counselors and provides credible content and support to help them make an impact.
- American Deafness and Rehabilitation Association
ADARA’s mission is to facilitate excellent support services for individuals who are deaf or hard of hearing by providing professional networking opportunities for counselors and supporting policies that promote the development of those individuals.
- National Rehabilitation Association
NRA advocates for the rights of people with disabilities while also promoting high quality, culturally aware rehabilitation practices.
Certification and Accreditation
- Council for Accreditation of Counseling and Related Educational Programs
CACREP accredits university rehabilitation programs by creating standards that promote the highest quality of education and preparation for the profession. Our graduate program in rehabilitation counseling has been accredited by CACREP.
- Commission on Rehabilitation Counselor Certification
CRC certifies rehabilitation counselors that demonstrate advanced education and training, ethical practices and a commitment to learning and growing professionally.
Government Agencies and Programs
- Office of Special Education and Rehabilitation Services
OSERS supports a number of programs that support people with disabilities of all ages in three main areas: special education, vocal rehabilitation and research.
- Rehabilitation Services Administration
RSA provides resources for grantees in an effort to help people with disabilities seek employment through counseling, assistive technology, training and other services.