- School of Allied Health and Communicative Disorders
- Health Sciences
- Degree Completion
- Admission Requirements
Admission Requirements for Health Sciences – Degree Completion
The focus of this program is baccalaureate-level education for health and human services professionals. For admission, applicants must:
- Be practicing health or human sciences professionals
- Have completed an applied associate degree program (or a equivalent number of credits)
- Hold a current professional credential, certificate, or license in a health or human sciences field in the field in which the applicant is working or attempting to work
- Be admitted to NIU
- Have a cumulative GPA of at least a 2.00
Get Started! Apply to NIU by following these steps:
- Submit a NIU application, select "off campus" option, then choose online or blended Health Sciences Degree Completion.
- After acceptance to NIU, apply to our Health Sciences Degree Completion Program, including written professional goals statement and copies of appropriate credentials, certificates or license.
Once accepted, you’ll consult with a Health and Human Sciences advisor to review your previous course work, discuss appropriate courses to meet your goals and plan the most efficient way to finish your degree.