Danai Fannin Ph.D.
- COMD 220: Introduction to Communicative Disorders
- COMD 435: Clinical Procedures and Professional Issues
- COMD 610: Multicultural Aspects of Speech Language Pathology
- COMD 772: Social Communication Development and Disorders
- HHS 731: Research Design, Conduct and Analysis in the Health Sciences II - Qualitative
- Postdoctoral Fellowship, University of California - Los Angeles 2011
- Ph.D., University of North Carolina - Chapel Hill, Speech & Hearing Science 2008
- M.A., Saint Louis University, Communication Sciences & Disorders 2003
- B.A., Southern Illinois University, Communication Sciences & Disorders 2001
- B.A., Bradley University, Communications- Advertising/Public Relations 1997
- Illinois License in Speech-Language Pathology
Dr. Fannin's research interests include cultural and socioeconomic effects on communicative functions, appropriate intervention and evaluation for culturally and linguistically diverse children and interdisciplinary intervention for toddlers and preschoolers with developmental disabilities.
Kasambira Fannin, D. (in press). Reporting of underrepresented populations in autism treatment studies across 25 years. Clinical Archives of Communication Disorders.
Kasambira Fannin, D., Barbarin, O.A., & Crais, E.R. (2017). Effects of mothers' and preschoolers' communicative function use and demographics on concurrent language and social skills. Journal of the National Black Association for Speech-Language and Hearing, 12(2), 79-99.
Kasambira Fannin, D., Barbarin, O.A., & Crais, E.R. (in press). Communicative function use of preschoolers and mothers from differing racial and socioeconomic groups. Language Speech and Hearing Services in Schools
Kasambira Fannin, D.C. (2016). The intersection of culture and the ICF-CY Personal and Environmental Factors for Alternative and Augmentative Communication. Perspectives on the ASHA Special Interest Groups, 1(SIG 12), 63-82.
Fannin, D. C., & Watson, L. R. (2014). Social Communication Assessment and Intervention for Children on the Autism Spectrum. In D. A. Hwa-Froelich (Ed.). Social Communication Development and Disorders. New York: Psychology Press.
Kasari, C., Kasambira Fannin, D.C., & Stickles, K. (2012). Joint attention intervention for children with autism. In P. Prelock, & R. McCauley (Eds.) Treatment of Autism Spectrum Disorders: Evidence-based intervention strategies for communication & social interaction, Baltimore: Paul H. Brookes.
Hooper, S.R., Roberts, J.E., Nelson, L., Zeisel, S., & Kasambira Fannin, D.C. (2010). Preschool predictors of narrative writing skills in elementary school children. School Psychology Quarterly, 25 (1), 1-12.
Hwa-Froelich, D. A., Kasambira, D.C., & Moleski, A. M.(2007). Communicative Functions of African American Head Start Children. Communication Disorders Quarterly, 28 (2), 77-91.