Hospitality Leadership Camp 2016: June 5-10
If you dream of being part of one of the largest and fastest growing industries in the world, this is your ticket to begin the journey! Each day of our camp will be full of hands-on learning focused on various areas of the hospitality industry.
You can meet students your age with your same interests, spend time with college students pursuing hospitality degrees, learn from hospitality program professors, take field trips related to your area of interest, and participate in competitions (for prizes!)
Travel and Tourism
Do you like to travel? Would you like to help others make travel plans?
- Travel destinations and motivations
- Planning for expenses
- The global impact of tourism
- Why tourism is such a large industry
Do you have management skills? Would you like to own your own business?
- What is involved in lodging management
- How to manage staff
- Owning a bed and breakfast
Restaurant and Event Management
Are you a good cook or baker? Do you like planning parties and dinners?
- Food production and service
- Operation of equipment
- Purchasing of goods
- Designing a meal plan and menu
The Hospitality Leadership Camp will begin on Sunday afternoon, June 5. Cost of camp includes hotel, meals, event tickets and travel, and all other expenses. You will stay in the Holmes Student Center Hotel on campus with counselor supervision Sunday — Thursday nights. Breakfast and lunch will be provided in the Blackhawk Food Court, and dinner will be at various local restaurants. The camp is hosted by the NIU College of Health and Human Sciences School of Family, Consumer, and Nutrition Sciences Hospitality and Tourism Management Program. If you have any additional questions, please check out our FAQ.
Who can attend?
High school students (current freshman through senior)
- Print the application packet and fill in the student and parent forms
- Have a teacher fill in the Teacher Recommendation form and get proof of GPA from your school
- Mail forms to:
Northern Illinois University
College of Health and Human Sciences
Hospitality Camp—Wirtz Hall 227
DeKalb IL 60115
or send forms electronically by fax (815-753-6169 ATTN: Stacy Jackson) or email (email@example.com)
- Register and pay deposit online after receiving your acceptance notification
- $575 early registration (before April 5, 2016)
- $590 standard registration (April 6 - May 5, 2016)
- $650 late registration (after May 5, 2016)